Zum Inhalt springen
Dating Abuse Statistics younger adult violence that is dating a big issue, impacting youth in most community over the country. Discover the facts below.
- Almost 1.5 million twelfth grade pupils nationwide experience physical punishment from a dating partner in a solitary 12 months.
- One out of three adolescents within the U.S. is really a target of physical, intimate, psychological or spoken punishment from a dating partner, a figure that far surpasses prices of other forms of youth physical violence.
- One in 10 school that is high happens to be purposefully struck, slapped or actually harmed with a boyfriend or gf.
Why Consider Young Adults?
- Girls and ladies amongst the ages of 16 and 24 feel the rate that is highest of intimate partner physical physical physical violence — almost triple the national average.
- Among feminine victims of intimate partner physical violence, 94% of those age 16-19 and 70% of these age 20-24 were victimized by an ongoing or boyfriend that is former gf.
- Violent behavior typically begins involving the many years of 12 and 18.
- The seriousness of intimate partner physical physical physical violence is generally greater where the pattern of punishment had been created in adolescence.
Don’t Just Forget About University Students